Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Spin Autumn into February

I have been spinning the challenging pewter merino. It is in Top, yet the fibers are exceedingly short!  So, it is slow and frustrating going.  I will be much more careful of what I purchase from now on! Three spinners have urged me to return the product!

It has taken most of the enjoyment out of spinning.  To get through, I am listening to 'The Lovely Bones' read by the author as I spin.


Finally plied half of this fiber into what is an inviting yarn!  Surprise!  Worth all the effort! Yes, that is a local Widow-Maker near to my entry. I still haven't decided whether to weave it or knit, and then, which texture?  It will be a neck scarf for a man.

When this is finished, I will spin COLOR!  Ixchel Bunny's colorways of merino and angora.
In the past, I mentioned there should be rights of passage for  spinners and knitters.
Say, when one finishes the first wearable out of one's own handspun yarn.
Or, when one finishes their first lace project, successfully!

Will I ever get there?
I have woven a top, and worn it, knitted things and worn them.  Made knitted things for others out of my own homespun, yet, have still to make myself something from my own homespun!It may seem like a small challenge, but it will be my fiber challenge this year!

Now in the possession of a drum carder designed for the fine alpaca and angora I choose to work with, this may lead to the next step forward, an old dream of selling fine products for spinners!

Will my neck and shoulder injuries allow this?  Learning to accept and live in a certain degree of pain and restriction, to suffer for my fiber desires, is becoming a way of life.  How will I ever pull the beater on the loom, LO!?

No comments:

Post a Comment