Friday, December 18, 2009

Return to spinning and knitting! Yeah!


Spinning and knitting again! Had to relearn to knit.
I am soooo spoiled by my homespun yarns!
Can't keep my fingers out of it!

Making a neck scarf to keep Ernie warm.
He wanted the colors of the woods, and nothing
bright. So I am working in sage, spruce, browns,
grays with a touch of blue and white.

Most of this yarn was spun in his apartment a
few years ago on my old faithful Louet S75.
I included some of Honey Bunny in with Alpaca
from a trip to the Northeast Alpaca Farm in
Whately, MA. The registered shetland was from
Cairn Farm in Vt.

Ernie was friends with Honey Bunny, and helped me
to bury him on his land.

The scarf will consist of this and lots of Merino.
This is all spun for the project on the Majacraft.
Yes, we are getting along better now!

I will have photos soon of it in progress.

It is all a simple KPKPKPK for each row.
This gives a wonderful texture! And Reversible!
Most of the 2 ply yarn is DK size, so I am working on
6's, and it is slow.

This brought me to a need to know which patterns were
reversible...? There is a book out there, but I wanted a
simpler guide. Am I formulating ideas for a beginners
guidebook?

My new neighbor asked me to teach her to knit.
I had never done that before, and it was great fun!
We tried to watch 'Out of Africa' at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. OOH, that sounds soft, warm, and cozy. Almost makes me want to stop housework and get back to that teal scarf a started a couple of years ago. But will it go with my new red coat?

    ReplyDelete