Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Through the white and drifted snow...

Yes, drifted snow! The wind was very busy this morning! Blowing hard for hours through the night. What a lullaby!

I watched, in the dawn, as the snow swirled first one way, and then the other in my little courtyard. What a dance!

I began to ponder what Tornado season would be like.

Recently, I was introduced to a young woman in the Hilltowns, she asked, "What brings you to live in C...?" I responded that it was many things, and they were strong!

I will soon post a Super Serendipity story that will tell some of this.

Yesterday, I did receive a piece of mail. ( I hardly get any here). A catalogue, but not just any catalogue! It is Territorial Seeds! My neighbor, Mary was present, and kept remarking about the wonderful artwork on the cover. So much sunshine in this catalogue!

Maybe I will actually be able to garden this year! Pepper has offered a plot. I could do a plot where I live, but how I hanker for perennials...asparagus, strawberries, chard, high-bush blueberries...!

Yesterday, I brought a few carrots, and some grain out to where the deer and squirrels have been feeding. Many more tracks than the day before!

So much life in the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment